BOTOX & INJECTABLES
BOTOX & INJECTABLES TREATEMENTS
Rube Medispa offers our patients an assortment of treatment options to rejuvenate and revitalize their appearance. Lisa Rubenstein, MD is a board-certified doctor, and provides state-of-the-art medical spa procedures to the residents of Melbourne and surrounding areas in East Central Florida.
What is Botox?
Botox is part of the family of dermal fillers and injectables. It is a very popular treatment option to help reduce the effects of aging in the skin. The active ingredient in Botox is known as botulinum toxin type A and it functions by temporarily freezing the muscles known to cause wrinkles. Our patients find that Botox® results in a smoother and more youthful appearance.
Are Botox Treatments for Anyone?
Botox is available for men and women over the age of 21 who are in good general health and have no allergies to the active ingredients. The treatment is ideal for anyone who wishes to rejuvenate their appearance without undergoing extensive surgical procedures.
How Is Botox Administered?
Using an ultra-thin needle, one of our certified professional aestheticians will administer the Botox. The solution is injected directly below the skin in the target areas. The number of injections will depend on the extent of treatment desired. Immediately following the procedure, patients are free to return to their daily routine.
What is Recovery From Botox Like?
The Botox procedure can be completed in as little as half an hour and patients are free to walk out as soon as the treatment is finished. There may be slight irritation and redness at the injection sites, but they will subside within a few hours following treatment. There is virtually no recovery time and the results can be seen almost immediately.
What to Avoid After BOTOX Injections
There is a small number of things that you should avoid for a day or two after the procedure in order to ensure the best results and prevent problems such as toxin migration, bruising, and skin irritation.
- Don’t scratch, massage, or rub the area that was injected. Preferably, don’t touch those areas of the face at all. Touching the face can cause irritation that contributes to side effects such as swelling and bruising. More importantly, rubbing or massaging can cause the injected BOTOX to migrate to other parts of the face.
- Avoid lying down or bending over for several hours after the treatment to help prevent facial swelling and migration of the toxin. If possible, avoid lying down until bedtime.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for the first 24 hours after having BOTOX injections, as this can cause BOTOX migration and exacerbate any swelling that occurs.
- Don’t take NSAIDS such as Aleve®, Advil®, and Motrin® for a couple of days. These medications can thin the blood, which can cause bruising at injection sites.
- Avoid smoking for at least the first day or two after the procedure.
Rube Medispa carries a full line of skincare products by Dermaesthetics, Skin Fitness Therapy, Bella Schneider Beauty and Beauty Forever Skincare